Make small changes to your lifestyle this month and make big steps towards better health
“Include at least two of the following colours in each meal: red, green, yellow, purple and orange”
1. Stand up when you’re on the telephone. You burn 30% more calories than you do sitting.
2. Find a new hobby – that isn’t about eating. Don’t get too hung up on your diet. Find something else you enjoy — it will stop you munching out of boredom or stress, keep your diet in perspective and possibly give you the bonus of a confidence boost.
3. Write it down. Keep a food diary for a week this month. Make a note of what you’ve eaten and why and you’ll soon see whether you’re eating the wrong kinds of foods, comfort eating and over eating. Once you know where the problem lies you’re three quarters of the way to a slimmer you!
4. Take a food supplement if you’re trying to lose weight and gain energy. ‘All overweight people are deficient in major nutrients. Some nutrients can help to burn fat and increase metabolism,’ says Dr Gillian McKeith. If you’re confused about the choice of supplements, why not try Euro Gold from Nature’s Own? It’s one of the most comprehensive and complete one-a-day multivitamin and mineral tablets. Containing optimal levels of the nutrients we need for health in a Food State form, it’s also ideal for everyone concerned about protecting their nutrient intake on a daily basis. It also has high levels of all B vitamins, (most include at least 100% Recommended Daily Amount) plus vitamins C, E, K and D, too. And it contains optimum levels of calcium, magnesium, zinc, selenium and other trace minerals.
5. Keep it colourful. Include at least two of the following colours in each meal: red, green, yellow, purple and orange. You’l1 fill up on vitamins, minerals and cancer-fighting nutrients, and you’ll also keep hunger pangs at bay.
6. Stop TV snack attacks. It’s all too easy to overdo it on the nibbles while you’re watching TV. And studies show that the more likely you are to be overweight. Don’t become a statistic! Ration how much you watch and spend sour spare time catching up on more active chores.
7. Drink at least eight glasses of water daily. It fills you up, detoxes your system and improves your complexion. So it may just be what your body’s crying out for. Often we misread the signals that our body sends out, thinking we are hungry when in fact we’re thirsty. Keep a large bottle of water on your desk at work or in the fridge at home and get through it!
8. Get wise to probiotics. Gastrointestinal health is often over looked but is essential to your health and wellbeing. Taking a probiotic supplement may help to maintain the health of your digestive system and promote overall health. BioCare is committed to continued probiotic research and development as there is a need to develop more advanced probiotic products to successfully face the challenges of our ever-changing environment. Bio Acidophilus Forte, contains a billion of unique LAB4 probiotic organisms and has proven strength, stability, adherence and survival in the harsh environment of the gastrointestinal tract.